Reduce map shaking plugin

Rulucy

Administrator
Staff member
Starting today, we testing a plugin for reduce map shaking.

It is under discussion whether to disable the existing !ns plugin, but I want to disable !ns because I want to respect the will of the mapper who is using these map shake.

With this plugin, we can respect both the intention of mapper and consider those who are not good at shaking.

Both plugins are valid for a while.

We are waiting for feedback about this plugin !

sake1

because I want to respect the will of the mapper who is using these map shake.
if you want to respect the will of the mapper, why have you made several strippers to modify maps?
I even know mappers who put lots of shake on their map use noshake on their own maps, so even they dislike it's inclusion.

SHUFEN

IRREGULAR DJENT STEP
Staff member
if you want to respect the will of the mapper, why have you made several strippers to modify maps?
I even know mappers who put lots of shake on their map use noshake on their own maps, so even they dislike it's inclusion.

Our policy of Stripper modifing isn't disturbing methods that are intened by mappers.
We don't remove entities but add or fix. So Stripper has nothing to do with this conversation.

sake1

Our policy of Stripper modifing isn't disturbing methods that are intened by mappers.
The Minas stripper most certainly is, many things are removed via it.
And Westersand v7 stripper literally removes stages

Last edited:

SHUFEN

IRREGULAR DJENT STEP
Staff member
The Minas stripper most certainly is, many things are removed via it.
And Westersand v7 stripper literally removes stages
But entities are not corrupted.
In Westersand, playing Hard mode and Normal mode are exactly the same experience in terms of enjoying the scenery and gimmicks of the map.
Because "Hard mode" is "Normal mode + additional things".
This is what I said "Respect mapper".
If we have skipped Extreme, however, this is not respecting mapper. Because Gabranth attack can't be experienced in other stages.

Btw your point isn't match with this discuss.
I am saying that it is futile to talk about Stripper here.

If there is something you don't like about the Stripper being added to the server, please open a new thread and make a request.

Please continue to talk about shake.
So, do you agree with NoShake? Or are you against it?

Last edited:

sake1

In Westersand, playing Hard mode and Normal mode are exactly the same experience in terms of enjoying the scenery and gimmicks of the map.
The mapper did not intend it that and intended for all 5 stages to be played.
This is what I said "Respect mapper".
If we have skipped Extreme, however, this is not respecting mapper. Because Gabranth attack can't be experienced in other stages.
How about the Chocobo race on westersand zm mode, which was replaced to lasers?
If there is something you don't like about the Stripper being added to the server, please open a new thread and make a request.
The point is this has nothing to do with respecting mapper's will, you have already ignored the mapper's will several times in more severe ways than a plugin to remove shaking, how about stopmusic, mappers want people to listen their music, even if I would prefer not to listen to the same bad music each time?
Please continue to talk about shake.
So, do you agree with NoShake? Or are you against it?
Noshake is good, let people use it, for free.
I remember playing with Headsh (Cosmo mapper) and he was complaining about much shake his own map had, I'm willing to bet quite a few other maps play with noshake despite putting shake on their maps.

SHUFEN

IRREGULAR DJENT STEP
Staff member
The mapper did not intend it that and intended for all 5 stages to be played.

How about the Chocobo race on westersand zm mode, which was replaced to lasers?

The point is this has nothing to do with respecting mapper's will, you have already ignored the mapper's will several times in more severe ways than a plugin to remove shaking, how about stopmusic, mappers want people to listen their music, even if I would prefer not to listen to the same bad music each time?

There is no longer a server without the Stripper or MapMusic plugins in popular ZE server.
More to the point, in the past, CS:GO has had the feature to adjust the volume of music (snd_musicvolume), and CS:S still has the feature to do so without any plug-ins.
And we can modify maps in ent_fire, even though without Stripper.
So it makes no sense for you to argue against these issues, even though in any communities other than PSE, or in non-ZE community.

With that said, even if we already had such modifing that you said "disrispect", I don't think it would be a bad idea to keep the "minimum respecting" in which to keep env_shake, by removing NoShake plugin.
It's better to do something than to do nothing, isn't it?

After all, I don't understand the point you are trying to make.
In a thread like this, the only reply needed is whether you agree or disagree.

Noshake is good, let people use it, for free.
I remember playing with Headsh (Cosmo mapper) and he was complaining about much shake his own map had, I'm willing to bet quite a few other maps play with noshake despite putting shake on their maps.

This is one of correct post for this thread. Everything else you said makes no sense.

Last edited:

sake1

There is no longer a server without the Stripper or MapMusic plugins in popular ZE server.
There are many servers that do not remove or add things to the map via stripper and only use it for fixing bugs, balancing and official strippers by mappers, there are no servers without Noshake either that I know of either.
And we can modify maps in ent_fire, even though without Stripper.
Are you going to manually input an ent fire command for every little thing? Don't be silly, I'm not attacking stripper, I'm attacking how the strippers are being used.
With that said, even if we already had such modifing that you said "disrispect", I don't think it would be a bad idea to keep the "minimum respecting" in which to keep env_shake, by removing NoShake plugin.
It's better to do something than to do nothing, isn't it?
Why is this the specific thing you are hung up on, there are many things that are modifying but you only focus on noshake, I seriously doubt any mapper came to you complaining about noshake, I would feel far more annoyed at my map being changed to another player's ideal (lasers on chocobo race on Westersand zm mode) than a minute thing like shake being optionally disabled.
After all, I don't understand the point you are trying to make.
That the only reason to remove noshake is a flawed one, it's not about respecting mapper when you disrespect the mapper's by changing their maps and how they intended it to be played with stripper.

If removing noshake is about difficulty (shake is a pretty silly difficulty idea regardless), you can do things like making zombies more powerful, nerfing knockback or weapons, removing features like infinite ammo, hspawn etc which give a clear advantage to humans over zombies.

SHUFEN

IRREGULAR DJENT STEP
Staff member
I would feel far more annoyed at my map being changed to another player's ideal (lasers on chocobo race on Westersand zm mode) than a minute thing like shake being optionally disabled.
That the only reason to remove noshake is a flawed one
If removing noshake is about difficulty (shake is a pretty silly difficulty idea regardless), you can do things like making zombies more powerful, nerfing knockback or weapons, removing features like infinite ammo, hspawn etc which give a clear advantage to humans over zombies.

These are the things you should have argued for in your first post.

Your first post isn't your opinion but a question.
We are not a literature college, so we will not predict your really meaning without hearing your direct opinion.
This is why these ridiculous conversations have been going on here.

Finally I can say 'Thank you for your suggestion.'