Welcome to the POSSESSION.jp!

We are the global gaming community from Japan. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.
POSSESSION は日本発祥のゲーミングコミュニティです。 私たちのコミュニティに参加して、様々なディスカッションや情報共有をしてみましょう。

SignUp Now!

[EN/JP] Question on Dedicated Server Test (April-03-2019) and SM Plugins

Zero

Steam
View
EN
I was away when you guys ran the dedicated server test for Linux.
Plus, I recently read the announcement.
So, I have a question that needs to be asked.

Before I ask the question, I need to mention that, CSGO dev team have already added the Multi-Threading support for Linux Dedicated Server, meaning that, there should be performance boost instead of performance impact when running dedicated server on Linux.

Here's the official link about the multiple threading support

Release Notes for 10/3/2018
[ SERVERS ]
– This update includes an updated version of steamclient.so for Linux dedicated servers which has multiple threading and integration fixes. For a limited time and old version of steamclient.so can still be used on CS:GO Linux dedicated servers.

Have you tried running server using Linux version of SteamCMD?
WINE emulates Window Environment to run a Windows program.
It's not the same as running a Linux program.
That's the reason for the performance loss you encountered.
At the same time, you are not using the Linux Dedicated Server Multi-Threading feature.
If you haven't try the official Linux SteamCMD yet, please consider redoing the test.

Also, can I have links for sourcemod plugins that is involved with:
1. player dropping all weapons they have on death.
2. removing dropped weapons from the map
3. prevent items from being removed from the map when dropped

I'm working on item script and feature for detecting dropped items is now stable when it comes to vanilla server server. The problem is, I don't know if there's any conflict when running the script together with the sourcemod plugins.
JP
貴方たちは私は不在だったのときにレンタルサーバーでテストを実行しました。
私は最近重要な主題を読みました。
だから、

私わ質問する前に、"CSGO"開発者チームわ修理されたの"Linux"レンタルサーバーの"Multi-Threading"。
つまり, "Linux"れんたるさーばーの結果わ悪くなく野でよいはずです。

ここに記事へのリンクがあります。

"Linux SteamCMD"を使用して"CSGO"サーバーを実行しようとしましたか?
"WINE"プログラムがWindows環境をエミュレートーに"Windows"プログラムを実行。
"Linux"プログラムの実行とは異なります。
それが、パフォーマンスの低下の原因です。
同時に、"Linux”れんたるさーばー”Multi-Threading"わ機能を使用していません。
公式の"Linux SteamCMD"をまだ試していない場合は、テストのやり直しを検討してください。
編集:文法の間違いを許してください、私はベストを尽くしました。

Last edited:

Brian

Mapper
Steam
View
The following is just my guess so it may or may not correct.

First, the steamclient.so is not actually handling the game logic processing or handling the incoming game connection/packet processing. Therefore, valve adds multithreading capability to it does not mean that the major component of linux srcds performance will increase.

My guess of using windows srcds on wine on linux instead of using linux srcds is because the server uses some soucemod extensions/metamod plugins which have no linux support or some plugins rely on some windows only memory signature.

Btw, you can contact shufen on discord directly. He usually will answer the questions about the server if they do not involve any secret of pse

Zero

Steam
View
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
CSGO server originally supports multi-threading for both Windows and Linux.

By setting "sv_parallel_snapshot" to 1, game logic and networking is handled in their own thread.

The problem is that, until the last year, the command didn't do anything for Linux server. Both game logic and networking are handled in single thread instead. While the steamclient.so doesn't handle any game logic or networking, it's involved in the creation of server process and might also be the cause why linux server couldn't create multithreaded process.

To be honest, I don't know when did the CSGO team actually fixed the bug but, at least someone, before the end of last year, kindly reported that Linux server can handle multi-threading.

Reference Link :

Anyway, I'll contact shufen through discord. Thanks for the heads up.