Welcome to the POSSESSION.jp!

We are the global gaming community from Japan. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.
POSSESSION は日本発祥のゲーミングコミュニティです。 私たちのコミュニティに参加して、様々なディスカッションや情報共有をしてみましょう。

SignUp Now!

[Question] Need help with items

Zero

Steam
View
Do items in the maps use any kind of shared vscripts? Because I just can't find any tutorial that would teach me how to display item timings. I'm pretty sure they use game text but probably using vscripts to display it especially when there's multiple items and you need to display them in single string.

SHUFEN

IRREGULAR DJENT STEP
Staff member
Steam
View
Yes they are using VScript to making countdown in some maps.
You can see the stuff on ze_lotr_minas_tirith_p5.

Zero

Steam
View
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks for the pointing the map out.
Had a look at the map just now.. More like, they create a button that creates the so called skill effects and the graphic effects. Then, they grab the button hammer id, and create a map configuration to be used by server plugin known as "EntWatch". That plugin is the one that displays the cooldown on HUD and player's steam tag.
To be honest, it's a bit difficult for me to use because you need to install SourceMod and EntWatch to see the item countdown.
I rather use vscript to do item countdown since you dont need to install anything to test it. Judging from the entwatch map configurations, it's possible to replicate the plugin except displaying item name and cooldown on steam tag. :p

SHUFEN

IRREGULAR DJENT STEP
Staff member
Steam
View
Yes. If countdown will implement within the map looks cool.
Maybe you can use also overhead sprite for countdowns if not using the hud. (like ze_platformer)

Zero

Steam
View
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
It can be done. Both scripting and non-scripting method. Both use env_sprite that is parented to item's weapon. Due to env_sprite limitation, where you are required to make duplicates of sprites like 30 of it which is painful to do so, it's better to do scripting method. :'(